söndag 1 augusti 2010

The wee bag and other things that happened this week

I've baked again - cupcakes with pomegranates from a book by Mia Örhn. It's filled with classical recipes with a new touch.
Österlen is a lovely area in Sweden and we stayed there two days. Inspired by some twin sisters, we went to Brösarp's gästgiveri and ate Äggakaka, a national dish from Skåne. It's a really thick oven pancake with pork and lingonberries.
For some weeks I've been knitting on a lovely blue bag which I was going to felt. Last night I finished the knitting and was going to put it in the washing machine when I remembered this huge bag that I made over a year ago with old plant dyed wool yarn. I had used a pattern from a magazine and it should be a lovely little yarn basket. I put it in the washing machine and it didn't felt, I put it in again and it didn't felt. Then I boiled it - it didn't felt. End of story. I can only use that sack for gathering leaves in the autumn.


So the blue bag (which was really huge before felting) went into the washing machine in 60 degrees Celsius (otherwise I always start on 40 degrees) and out came a wee bag. I was SO disappointed..... Let's see, what I can use it for? Maybe for my laptop, it's a wee one too.




I like the colours though, but the purple yarn totally disappeared.



3 kommentarer:

Myggan sa...

Visst var äggakakan god?
Den blå väskan blev ju jättesöt, även om den inte blev i den storlek som du önskade.
/Anna

Unknown sa...

Ibland blir det inte som man tänkt sig. Den blå väskan blev söt i alla fall. jag älskar mina tovade väskor av växtfärgat garn.

Emilia sa...

Håller med - väskan blev fin iaf!